Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trailer: AVATAR

I have seen the trailer and here you can watch it now as well:



I have to say that I really like the trailer and I cannot wait to see the whole film.

I last had this kind of anticipation when I watched the trailer for Star Wars Episode 1.

There is hardly any dialogue except the sentence "This is great" and it truly is. The pictures speak for themselves here and they are simply magnificent.

The music fits perfectly and I wonder whether it is an excerpt of the Score by James Horner or if it was written specially for the trailer. It might be a piece from somewhere else, too. As I said. I don't know.

As always some people like the trailer some don't. I have read comments which say that the Na'vi look too cartoonish and the trailer looks too much like CGI. I could not disagree more.

Cameron needed the new CGI technology to tell his tale on the distant planet Pandora. And what a tale it will be.

Without CGI the humanoid alien race of the Na'vi could not have been shown as they were intended. Much bigger than humans, I believe the average is 8 feet tall, they have very different proportions of leg and torso. A human could not have been stretched this long and still look realistically. :)

Also the planet and its flaura and fauna just look breathtaking.

The trailer is only in 2D but already had a great effect so I wonder what it would be like to watch the movie in 3D. I can only hope to get the opportunity here in Cyprus.

Mark it in your calendars. 18th December, 2009 is the day the probably most anticipated movie this year, if not this decade, will be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment