Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trailers: The Wolfman, Daybreakers and Cirque du Freak - The Vampire's Assistant

As I am a big fan of Supernatural and horrific creatures I thought I will post a section with upcoming movies in this genre.


First there is The Wolfman:

This film has a truly great cast starring Benicio Del Toro, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Hugo Weaving and Emily Blunt.

The transformation effects and the make up looks very good. I wonder a bit if the story will be compelling and gripping but we will have to wait and see.

Take a look at the trailer.



The next movie I would like to present is Daybreakers

In a world where almost everyone is a Vampire and human beings are harvested for blood when will there be not enough blood to feed the population?

Starring Ethan Hawke, Sam Neill and Willem Dafoe I cannot wait to see this simple allegory of water shortage just with Vampires. I found the setup and the look of the movie very interesting



The third film I want to introduce is Cirque du Freak - The Vampire's Assistant


A film with a more comedic approach to the supernatural being of the Vampire is presented here.

A boy bored with his life visits a traveling Circus and becomes involved with one of the stars who is a vampire. He agrees to becoming a vampire and stars a new life with new challenges, powers and enemies.

Starring John C Reilly, Willem Dafoe, Ken Watanabe and Salma Hayek and directed by Paul Weitz this movie looks like it is going to be fun. Take a peek.


No comments:

Post a Comment