Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trailers: Law Abiding Citizen and Legion

Hi
I just saw the trailer for Law abiding citizen with Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx.

It certainly looks interesting. The premise being that the justice system works in favor of the criminals and the victim (Butler), here being the husband of his murdered wife and father of his murdered daugher, takes matters into his own hands. While one of the murders gets to run free as he made a deal with the district attorney (Foxx) Butler is not happy with the outcome and starts to punish himself.
Having had special training as he worked for the DoD comes in handy and reminds me of the recently released Taken with Liam Neeson but the outcome is as different as could be. While Neeson’s character simply tries to finds his kidnapped daughter and uncovers a ring of prostitution Butler does not draw the line there. After “punishing” the murderers he continues.
While I am not a big fan of Butler I like the way the trailer unfolds the story and I am curious as to how the film ends.


I have also taken a look at Legion.
Having first seen the Red Band trailer yesterday which is a much longer version that the Green band Trailer I saw today I have to recommend to only watch the Green Band trailer. The Red Band trailer is giving too much away while the Green Band Trailer leaves more room for expectations.
Therefore I will only post the Green Band here.

An apocalyptic story in which the arch-angel Gabriel comes down from heaven to protect the an unborn child which represents the last hope of man.
Gabriel says:" The last time God lost faith in man he sent a flood. This time he's sent angels."
I think it is safe to assume that there are two agendas and Gabriel, who is fighting the army of angels to protect the humans is not on god's side.

At first I thought it looked a bit like Matrix meets God’s Army but I have to reevaluate that. It actually looks more like Rambo meets God’s Army and in fact Rambo is being mentioned as reference of pop culture in the trailer.
I certainly plan to watch this movie, if not in the cinema then later on DVD, as I am interested in the backstory of it. What reasons does each side have to either protect or kill the child? How come god lost faith in men once again? How are the references to the Book of Revelation in the Bible?
There will be lots to discuss with my friend Steve as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment