Sunday, September 20, 2009

Trailers: Amreeka and The Blind Side

To show you that my interest is not only in action movies here are two examples of drama I find quite intriguing

First the trailer of Amreeka



A film about a Palestine family who comes to America and start living their life. Dealing with racism, discrimation and a very different way of life and sense of culture they are trying to adept to their new home.

Watching this trailer made me feel interested right from the start.A mix of comedy and drama, a perfect way to spend the evening and have a talk afterwards.

The next film I would like to draw your attention to is The Blind Side



Based on a true story and the book The Blind Side: Evolution of a Game it tells the story of a homeless African American who is taken in by a rich family.

He learns to adjust to his new environment and has to face a new reality, being a student and candidate for a football scholarship.

Sandra Bullock's portrayal of the adopting mother just based on the trailer is heart warming and understanding.

I usually don't like her very much but here she convinced me. Be ready to shed some tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment